Rental Conditions - Clio Rent a Car
We would like to start by thanking you for confirming your car rental from our company and we look forward to providing you with our services.
In order to finalize the reservation, we would like to kindly ask you the following:
- a 20% down payment for the reservation. This down payment amount is fully refundable in case of cancellation up to 7 days prior to your arrival date.
1. Age Requirements:
For groups A, B, and C, renters must be at least 23 years old. For all other groups, renters must be at least 25 years old. A 23 year old minimum age requirement is applicable to all credit card holders.
2. Driver's License:
All named drivers must hold a full, clean and valid driver's license, valid for the country of use and held for a minimum of one year. For non EU driving licenses, renters must hold an International driver's license and their national one, except Norway, Lichtenstein, Switzerland and citizens of Iceland.
Finally, in view of the recent measures passed and already in effect by the Greek ministry of transport regarding driving documentation required, all non-European Community driver’s license holders are obliged to have an International Drivers License to drive in Greece.
In view of the above all State driving licenses of non-European community countries are no longer valid and fine for driving in Greece without this necessary documentation is €1.000 for the rental agency and €1.000 for the client.
We therefore request all non-European Community customers to ensure that the have a valid International Driver’s License prior to arrival in Greece.
3. Minimum Rental:
1 or 2 days with 200 km/day limit. Every additional kilometer is charged at €0.20.
4. Traffic Fines:
Any traffic violations and expenses accumulated during the rental period, must be reported and settled by the client.
The rates include a Collision Damage Waiver (CDW). If you wish you may decline the CDW.
Without CDW, the renter's responsibility is:
A and B: € 8,000.00
C, D, and E: € 12,000.00
F, G, and G1: € 20,000.00
H: € 40,000.00
6. Personal Accident Insurance:
A personal accident insurance, is included in the daily rates and covers the renter and all passengers in the rented car with the following amounts:
Driver: Death, total or partial disability: € 9,000.00
Driver: Medical expenses: € 9,000.00
Passengers: Death, total or partial disability: € 1.000,000.00
Passengers: Medical expenses: € 1.000,000.00
Maximum amount covered per accident: € 1.000,000.00
7. Any Damage to the Tires, the Wheels, or the Underside of the Car is not Covered by any Insurance Policy and is Therefore the Responsibility of the Renter.
A 24% VAT is included in all rates.
9. Gasoline is the Responsibility of the Renter.
10. Delivery and Collection to / from:
- Athens International Airport: Free of Charge.
- Athens International Airport after working hours (22:00pm - 07:00am) there is a surcharge of €20.
- Athens and the Greater Athens Area: €20.00
- Outside Athens and the Greater Athens Area: Groups A, B, and C at € 0.36 per km. Groups D, E, F, G, G1, and H at €0.45 per km.
11. Outside the Greek Border Rentals:
12. Travelling to the Greek Islands:
Renters who wish to drive the car to the Greek Islands must have a written permission from the Clio Rent a Car Agency.
13. Cancellation Policy:
Reservation can be cancelled 7 days prior to delivery without the customer incurring any charge simply by e-mail and requesting the cancellation.
Reservations that are cancelled 7 days prior to the delivery date are fully refundable.
If a reservation is cancelled less than 7 days prior to delivery 20% of the total rental amount will be charged.
If a customer does not appear on the delivery date to pick up the car and has not given notice of a cancellation 20% of the total rental amount will be charged.
14. Payment Options:
We accept the following methods of payment:
Debit, Credit, Prepaid Cards (Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, American Express, Diners), MasterPass, Cash, or Bank Deposit.